And there are some pretty horrible ones on the market, even some that flat out don’t do anything at all.
We will look at Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating to make sure it is worth your money and time.
What is a ceramic spray coating?
Spray-on ceramic coating is a chemical polymer spray that you apply to the exterior of your car to protect the paint job. It blends with the vehicle’s outer clear coat to add a layer for a hydrophobic coating.
Can I do the ceramic coating DIY style?
For longer-lasting results, of course, a professional is the preference. But, it is not accessible to everyone for several reasons.
Applying a ceramic coating yourself is mostly easy and doable. Always follow the instructions on the labeling of whatever spray-on you use.
Don’t expect it to be a quick DIY job. You will want to carve out some time to knock this particular task off your list.
All You Need to Know About Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating
You’ve narrowed down potential candidates. Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is one of your top options, and you want to know everything around it.
You’re in the right place.
Benefits of Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions
Mirror-like shine. The ultimate objective when anyone applies ceramic coating is that it looks brand new. Turtle Wax offers a solution that is affordable and achievable.
- Ultraviolet light (UV) protection. The benefit happens twofold. It protects you and your passengers from the sun and prevents UV rays from making your car paint dull.
- Hydrophobic benefits. Water beading is the best thing ever. Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating ensures water flows from your car and doesn’t leave streaks and spots.
- Safe to use on your vehicle. The ceramic coating market is full of chemical solutions that will do more harm than good. Turtle Wax provides a safe solution that enhances your paint job, not damages it.
- The longevity of Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray. It lasts anywhere from 6 to upwards of 12 months. Many other spray coatings on the market last half that time.
- Ease of use. While still time-consuming, applying Turtle Wax is straightforward and easily done by anyone.
- Great for all types of surfaces. Spray-on ceramic coating isn’t just for your shiny paint. You can use it on tires, glass, plastic, and metal.
Cons of Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions
- The swirl and scratch protection isn’t 100%. A ceramic coating isn’t going to hold up against rock chips and parking lot mishaps. But, it does blend minor marks and scratches.
- Trapping debris under the coating. When you apply the layer yourself, you risk trapping all sorts of debris underneath. It is hard to do over when it comes to ceramic coating.
- Water spots still happen. Just like with swirls and scratches, no spray-on ceramic coating is going to work all of the time. The natural minerals and chemicals in rain drops leave the residue, not the water itself.
- You do still have to wash your car. Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating does not work like a self-cleaning device for your vehicle. You still have to clean it regularly. It just won’t take as much effort to get it done.
How much does DYI ceramic coating cost?
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is around $13 per spray bottle. The overall cost will depend on the size of your car, how many coats you plan on, and how often you decide to reapply.
How do I apply Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating?
The process is relatively straightforward, but plan on it taking a while.
1. Use the right tools
You want clean and smooth surfaces; the only way to get there is by using the proper tools and supplies.
Gather your car wash supplies. Ideally, that includes a microfiber towel, a cleaning brush, your chosen maintenance spray, and a safe wash mitt.
2. Do a quick pre-wash check
First, you are looking for any new damage or scratches you weren’t aware of. It is better to find them now rather than complicate the process later.
And this is your chance to knock away chunks of dirt and mud.
3. Start with the dirtiest parts.
Use your tools and focus on the mudguards, bumpers, and wheels first. It keeps washing your car hassle-free and helps ensure you don’t miss a spot.
4. Maintenance spray
You may use a maintenance spray. You might not.
If you do, this is when you apply it using a clean microfiber towel. Be sure to buff it out until it shines with that off-of-the-lot look.
5. Let it dry
You have to let it dry all the way so you can wipe away in left behind residue and water spots.
4. Apply Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating with a microfiber towel
Gently apply Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating to the exterior of your vehicle in careful circular motions.
And, we’ve come to the reason it will take a little while. You must do this to your entire vehicle.
Should I use a professional ceramic coating installer?
Applying your own ceramic coating is time-consuming, and the threat of human error is pretty high. You don’t want to be left with high spots, swirls, and scratches trapped underneath.
Skilled and certified installers understand the ins and outs, and professionally installed ceramic coatings can last from 2 to 5 years.
The installation process is expensive, but the overall investment is worth it for it some because of the durability factor.
How frequently should I wax my car?
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating does last longer than many other options, but you still have to perform regular maintenance.
You are looking at reapplying it every 3-5 months.
Do bugs stick to ceramic coating?
Bugs do more damage to vehicle paint jobs than people think.
You’re hitting them at high speed, so they are slowly chipping away at your paint as small as they are. Then, you have the gross things that bugs contain acting like acid and eating away at your paint.